This year for Valentine's day we decided to do the main part of our celebration on Saturday as the holiday itself was on a Sunday (we try to avoid spending money on Sunday for religious reasons). Devin spent the morning studying and then took a test. I cleaned the apartment and watched the Olympics (YAY I love the Olympics!!).
After his test he went and bought my gift. Then I took the car and went and bought his. After a quick $5 footlong at Subway Devin surprised me and took me to see "The Princess and the Frog" again at the dollar theater. He had me close my eyes all the way from Subway into the actual theater. I only figured out we were seeing a movie because it smelled like popcorn. We love that movie! Unfortunately, the family sitting next to us had a screaming 2 yr old who had to be taken out about half way. Oh well, a glance at the future I'm sure :)
After the movie, we met up with Devin's mom and grandma who were in town on their way to a funeral. We went to Burger King to get them food and dessert for us. Unfortunately, and unbelievably, their shake and icee machine were both down. We then decided to walk the half block to Wendy's. On the way there, this big black truck slowed down and pulled over towards us. They threw water balloons at us full of warm soapy water!! The jerks!! Luckily, no one was hurt, they didn't hit Devin's mom or grandma, and the only who really got wet was Karly's lower pant leg. Overall, it was an...interesting experience.
For Valentine's day, I got Devin a U2 piano book and Devin got me chocolates!! We are both very happy with our gifts and have already put them to good use. I hope you all had a good Valentine's day too!
2025 Christmas Newsletter
8 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment