In recent news: our computers decided to go on the fritz. Devin's motherboard died and so his computer is completely dead. My power cord decided to get stripped down and so we couldn't use my computer either. While we had ordered a new cord, it didn't come for a week. So we spent a week without a computer. Meanwhile, Blackboard is being sketchy so that no one can download documents from it. This definitely proved to be an adventure for taking quizzes. And in a continuing saga of shaftiness, the Internet at our complex has been ridiculous. Either it won't connect at all, it only stays connected for mere minutes, or it takes a lifetime to load pages. It's been a fun week for technology to say the least. Devin and I have truly come to appreciate having computers and Internet that work, and work well. We have ordered ourselves a new desktop to replace Devin's laptop, and for future family needs.
I also went to the doctor and found out that I have an inflamed sciatic nerve. So now I'm in physical therapy again to help the inflammation go down and I had to drop my Irish dance class :( But, I figure it's better to be healthy than to take a fun class.
Oh! I applied for graduation in December! Hooray! I'm so excited to be done. Oh and Devin took the MCAT last Saturday and he will find out his scores in about a month. Then we start the application process. Our top three choices for podiatry school right now are in North Chicago, IL; Glendale, AZ; and Independence, OH.
The BYU football team was doing amazingly well until a humiliating loss yesterday. We beat #3 ranked Oklahoma at the beginning of the season, creamed Tulane, and then lost yesterday at home to Florida State. Oh the sadness. On the other hand, the University of Washington (Devin's other team) beat #3 USC yesterday so he's happy. Hopefully, the Cougars can step it up and recover what could be an awesome season.
2025 Christmas Newsletter
9 months ago


Sorry about the computes.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you will done in December.
Hope that you fell better soon.
Ps Did you want us to come in December? I will talk to Clark, but he started clas today so I will have to wait.
ReplyDelete