I love 3-day weekends. While it is true that they tend to throw off your internal weekly calendar, they are wonderful for morale and sanity. This last weekend was especially wonderful.
Only having been in school for a week, we weren't too burned out yet; but a break was a nice way to help us transition from Summer to school. Friday afternoon, Devin and I went and saw "Up" at the "Dollar" Theatre (it actually cost $1.25 now; a major rip off in my opinion :)). This has been on our list of movies to see for about 6 months now. Even though it is a bit sad, we both really liked it. Devin said it's in his top 2 for Pixar movies. I don't know if I would say that; but only because I love basically all Pixar movies.
Saturday, we spent the bulk of the day cleaning and relaxing. That evening, Jeremy and Sam came over to watch the BYU vs. OU game. They brought a kind of enchilada lasagna and we made salad and virgin pineapple mimosas. Best part of Saturday: BYU WON!!!!!!! Boo ya! We were ranked No. 19 and they were ranked No. 3! (As of today, we are ranked No. 9 I believe.)
Sunday, was Fast Sunday and we had church. After church I took a nap and we made pizza! We made a Cheeseburger Pizza and a variation on our usual Sausage (we didn't have any green peppers so it only had meat, cheese, tomatoes, and onions). Both pizzas turned out well.
Monday, we got a little more housework and studying done before going to see "Star Trek" in the "Dollar" Theatre with Karly and a couple of her friends. Once again, a movie that we've wanted to see for awhile and ended up really enjoying. Only downside: we sat in the 3rd row, because there was nowhere else left to sit. Poor Devin. That afternoon we went over to the Keyeses for a potluck BBQ (we brought pickles in case you were wondering). Apart from the Keyeses and ourselves, Jaime and Dave Ballard; Bethany, Brian, and Benjamin Davis; Bryce and Christina Miller; Chris and Alisa Sharp; Jeremy's sister Emily and her husband Erich; Jeremy's Aunt and Uncle and cousins; and Jeremy's grandparents were there. Needless to say, it was a bit of a party. There was volleyball and card games to play, and of course, socializing. Highlight of the BBQ: when Chris and Alisa showed up and we all found out that they are expecting! Hooray for them! After dinner, we headed back home and Devin studied some more for the MCAT (which he's taking Saturday by the way).
All in all, it was a really enjoyable weekend, and I'm sad that we won't have another break until Thanksgiving.
2025 Christmas Newsletter
9 months ago

Clark has been going to the movies some too.
ReplyDelete