Welcome to 2011 everyone! Whether we call it twenty eleven, two thousand eleven, oh eleven, or what, it's nice to start a new year and a new decade! Before I tell you about what we did for New Years, I would like to recap some of our personal milestones from the last decade:
2000 - Y2K doesn't happen. I turn 13 and Devin turns 16. Yay for being a teenager and getting your drivers license.
2001 - My oldest brother comes home from his mission. Devin goes on his first date and gets his first job. I start high school. 9/11 happens.
2002 - Aforementioned brother gets married and they have their first child. I'm an aunt! Devin gets his Eagle Scout and turns 18. Yay!
2003 - Devin graduated high school and heads off to BYU! Yay! I move to WA from OR and think my life is over (Boo!) and turn 16.
2004 - My sister gets married and graduates from BYU. Oldest brother and his wife have a second child, a girl! Devin leaves for his church mission in Rio de Janiero, Brazil.
2005 - I graduate high school, get my first job, get my drivers license, and head to BYU. Devin serves honorably in Brazil.
2006 - Brother and his wife have their 3rd child, another boy! I live with them in AZ for a summer. Devin returns from serving an honorable 2 year mission.
2007 - I go on my first date. Devin and I start dating. I meet Devin's mom. My sister and her husband have their first child, a boy! I meet Devin's dad. Devin meets my mom and then my dad. My other brother gets married. The first of my best friends gets married, and Devin comes with me to Oregon. First Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas as a couple. I get sick and anxious and lose about 20+ lbs.
2008 - Devin's grandma Melba passes away from cancer. Devin gets our first car! Devin meets my sister and her family. We get engaged on the year anniversary of our first date. Huzzah! Devin's dad passes away in an accident. We get sealed in the Seattle Temple, and Devin meets my brothers! We go on our honeymoon around Seattle. Yay!! We move into our first apartment. Devin's uncle Don passes away from cancer. First Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas as a married couple.
2009 - My parents move to NV. First of our close friends has a baby. We go to Disneyland! It's my first time! We also go to Universal Studios, the San Diego Zoo, and Sea World. We visit my aunt and uncle and my grandparents in northern CA and my parents in NV. My parents buy a house. Devin decides he wants to go to podiatry school. Devin takes the MCAT. Devin's best friend gets married. Devin interviews at his first podiatry school. I graduate college! Yipee!!
2010 - Devin interviews at more schools. Devin meets my oldest brother's wife and 3 kids for the first time. We decide to go to podiatry school in IL. Devin graduates college and we both walk! Finally! Family reunion at my parents' and uncle's homes with all my my immediate family there. Move to IL. Devin starts podiatry school. Lots of students loans. Getting Kairi! Keeley comes and visits us and we go to downtown Chicago and see some sites. We visit oldest brother's family in AZ. My first Thanksgiving without any family except Devin. First New Years not staying up until midnight in years.
I'm sure there were a lot more things in there that we don't remember, but those are the big things. This year, my old roommate came and stayed with us on New Year's Eve. Unfortunately she had a flight out of Midway at 7am, so she needed to be there at 6am, and we had to leave our home at 5am. So no staying up for us! But Devin and I toasted with sparkling grape juice the next night.
Happy New Year everyone and may it be an even better year and better decade than the last!
2025 Christmas Newsletter
8 months ago

So fun to read all the big memories in your lives and what brought you together! I'm so glad we were able to meet!
ReplyDelete