After our enjoyable Christmas break, we returned to IL ready for work and school. I let the mom I sat for know that I was back and available; and I found out that I no longer had a job.
I hate looking for a job! It's so disheartening! But, such is life. I just had to decide if I wanted to keep babysitting or go back to an office job. I decided it was probably best to apply for both. Luckily, I got a job! I started this last Monday. I'm still babysitting, but now I'm only watching one little girl for about 17.5 hours a week. So far so good!
I also have a new calling at Church. I now teach the 5 turning 6 year olds (aka CTR 5's)! Now I'll be the first to admit, this was not a calling I was very excited about. Teaching children is hard stuff. Sometimes I feel like they're not getting anything out of my lesson and sometimes I feel like I'm going to go crazy! But I firmly believe that it's important to teach children and to serve wherever I can. Keep your fingers crossed that the kids don't kill me!
In other news, Devin has finished two more classes and has started one new one. He continues to work hard and long to become a Podiatrist. My poor Cuteboy is busy and stressed, but he still enjoys what he's doing (most of the time). It's also ridiculously cold here (the high for yesterday was 8) and I have a cold. Meh! I feel all achy and tired and congested. Thank goodness for Dayquil!
2025 Christmas Newsletter
9 months ago

Yes its hard teaching any age.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you have a job.