Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's the Little Things that Count

Today is our 3 year anniversary, and do you know what Devin got me? A Pancake Spatula. And you know what? It's perfect and I love it!

Ever since the Fall of 2008, when we had some friends over for breakfast for dinner, I have wanted a pancake spatula. I thought for sure I would get it for Christmas. It wasn't big, it wasn't expensive, and it wasn't that hard to find. Someone was bound to get me one right? Wrong. Feeling sad about it, I complained to my darling mother who promptly went out and bought me a regular spatula. Sigh.

Well then I couldn't exactly put the pancake spatula on my list again, in case my mom felt bad; but I still wanted one! I had hopes that maybe for our anniversary, my birthday, or one of the following Christmases that someone would get me one. Nope.

Every time we went into a store with a kitchen gadget section, I looked longingly at the pancake spatulas. Oh to have a spatula big enough to fit under my pancakes and not tear them! But alas, I could not justify spending the money on something that was merely a want.

Devin knew of my plight, and today ended my multi-year sorrow of not having a pancake spatula. It may not be the biggest, fanciest, or most expensive gift ever; but it is special to me because it shows me just how thoughtful and sweet he really is. It really is the little things that mean the most!


2 comments:

  1. That is a great spatula. Corin is now obsessed with them, so I never find them in the kitchen drawer when I need them. Deven was also obsessed with them as a toddler. When we were first married and broke, we used a spatula as ice scraper on the car. Many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That's so awesome. Those simple gifts are sometimes the best! What a great story too... a gift you will never forget about.

    ReplyDelete