Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Moving and My Birthday


I am officially the big two four! That's right people, I'm 24. Now how exactly this happened, when I'm pretty sure I was 16 what seems like months ago, I'm not entirely sure. I will say that for the first time ever, I feel that my age is old. Now before you all start commenting about how it's not old and if that's old what does that make you, let me clarify. I feel old for me (not that I'm anymore mature than before). At any rate, it is what it is and I hope to make the most of being 24.

Unfortunately, our move also happened to coincide with my birthday this year so I got to spend several hours of my birthday doing dirty work – couple of hours unpacking in the new place and a few hours cleaning out the old place. Needless to say, cleaning encrusted cat diarrhea was not my idea of birthday fun, and it was not helped by the father of the little girl I used to watch calling me and telling me that he wouldn't fill out paper so that I could get reimbursed for missing work due to the car accident in May. This was also amongst more drama with our landlady that I don't even want to think about (basically her trying to accuse us of taking advantage of an old lady and how her coming back before we had moved out was our fault), so not my favorite birthday ever. However, once we finished cleaning and Devin talked to our landlady (I asked him to talk to her because it was my birthday and I didn't want to deal with it) we were actually able to celebrate some. We ran home for quick showers (moving and cleaning make you gross, in case you weren't aware) and then went out to eat. FYI the Lone Star Steakhouse is VERY tasty. We had their 2 for $25 and shared a steak queso dip appetizer and then each enjoyed yummy steak meals (Devin had the garlic smothered medallions and I had a small rib-eye). We also had bottomless frozen peach lemonade and a free dessert, singing included. It. Was. Awesome.

And so, despite its rough beginnings, my birthday/our move ended well. Thanks to all the love from friends and family on my birthday and to the guys from our church and Devin's school for the help moving! Hopefully we won't be moving again until residency!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh ... I am sorry the beginning part of your birthday turned out icky. But I'm happy the ending was great!

    We need to get together sometime very, very soon so you can inform me of this drama--and about everything else going on in your lives. It's been too long!

    ReplyDelete