Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I have to say, it's a little weird to have people wishing you a Happy Mother's Day for the first time. Not bad weird, just surreal! It's my first Mother's Day as an almost mom and my last Mother's Day without a real, here child. Ahh!

Devin wished me a Happy Mother's Day before anyone else did, and that was sweet (though admittedly strange). At church, they gave us a tulip and some chocolate. Almost all women love flowers and chocolate, so it's hard to go wrong there! After Church, I got to open my presents. Devin got me a kitchen scale haha! It's even more funny because he has almost bought it for me for various other occasions several times, and finally decided to get it. My sweet, and super generous mother-in-law sent me a card and money to get some maternity clothes. For dinner, Devin made pizza.

Post-diner, we called all the moms in our lives. I called my mom, my sister, my paternal grandmother (mom's mom passed before I was born), and my sister-in-law Cristina. Devin called his mom and his maternal grandmother (dad's mom passed away in 2008). We are very blessed to have so many strong, wonderful women in our lives who love and support us. I only hope I can learn and grow from their experience and example and be a good mom when the time comes. And it's coming soon!

5.3.12    16, almost 17 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment