Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Hike and Some Swag

As mentioned, I'm going to Girls' Camp this year. Part of camp is always a hike. We always did our hike AT camp, but here they do it before Camp. Now you might think I'm crazy, but yes, I did a 5 mile hike while pregnant. Don't worry, it's pretty flat here and I drank PLENTY of water. (Devin let me borrow his Camelbak, a Christmas present he hasn't even used yet. He loves me.) We had some adventures with girls not bringing water or their sack lunch, but fortunately other people had surplus. We also didn't know exactly where we were going and went the wrong way first. But, in the end, we all survived and got a good workout. Plus it made me happy to hear that some of the Camp songs I knew when I went, are also sung here :) Admittedly I was sore afterward, and laid on the couch for an extended period but that was probably more from laying on my couch for a good 3 months and less from being pregnant.

Speaking of pregnancy, I went and got myself some pregnancy clothes. I still don't fit in them really, but I know I will need them eventually. I went to our local mall, Gurnee Mills. It's HUGE. It's a hybrid of a regular mall and an outlet mall and is literally like a mile from one end to the other. I started at one end, and worked my way to the other. I was there for like 4 hours, and had to stop for a bathroom break and some snacks about halfway though! I also had my water bottle with me and bought a lemonade to drink. By the end, when I had to walk back to the other end of the mall with my bags, I felt like I was waddling. I wish I had one of those carts the give people rides on in airports. I was worn out! The good news, I got some swag! I got about 7 tops, 2 bras, 2 capris/shorts, 1 pair of jeans, 2 dresses, a skirt, and a camisole. All for about $200. I still feel like it's not a lot when compared to an entire wardrobe, but I got some great deals. Now we'll see when I need to start wearing it!

5.22.12  About 19.5 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment