Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pregnancy, Part 2

Lest I scare any of you, or lead you to believe that there is nothing good about pregnancy, I will now give a list of things that are positive. It consists of things that have helped with my previous list, or just some of the joys of pregnancy.
  • Pregnancy pillows. I have a Snoogle, and it has helped tremendously with leg pain while laying/sleeping. It's like a giant C-shaped body pillow that takes up half the bed (we really need a king-sized bed)
  • Water bottles. Since about 12 weeks, I have carried around a water bottle. It helps with hydration and nausea.
  • Hearing the heartbeat. This has been our favorite part of each appointment. So neat to hear the little swishy heartbeat sound and know that it's your baby :)
  • Having a reason to look at and buy baby stuff. It's so cute! Expensive, but cute!
  • Excuse to eat whatever you want. Now this is only when you're nauseous and it's more of whatever you can keep down, but still. 
  • New clothes. It's always nice to get something that will be newer than high school jeans.
  • Sleeping more. Now I don't have a job or school or other kids, so I'm a little different than most. I can sleep as much as I want right now.
  • Maternity/nursing bras. Every girl knows that it truly makes a difference to have a quality bra that fits you correctly, giving you the support you need.
  • Panty liners. Without going into details, they just help keep you feeling a little cleaner.
  • Feeling the baby move. This is a weird experience, in the sense that it feels like a muscle spasm. However, it is so great to feel your baby moving. And it was great when Devin was able to feel her too.
  • No periods. That's self explanatory.
  • Not fat. Only time in your adult life it's okay to be outgrowing your clothes, and it's a happy thing.
  • Growing tummy. Helps you know the baby is growing too and prove that you're pregnant and not just putting on weight.
  • Ultrasounds. See my previous post for a full description of what this was amazing and special. Knowing baby is real and is a little person.
  • Snacks. Help you make it through the day, and help keep your stomach settled
  • Talking to the baby. I especially love when Devin says "Hello in there!"
  • Finding out the gender. Makes it seem more real somehow, and you can begin the planning of names, nursery decor, and clothing.
  • Telling family and close friends you're pregnant. At least in our situation, it was great to share our news and feel the love, excitement, and joy that was genuinely felt for us.
  • Being pregnant. Realizing that you and your spouse are really expecting a baby, a new little life, a piece of both of you. So magical! 
20, almost 21 weeks 5.31.12

Same day, different angle

21, almost 22 weeks 6.8.12

Same day

1 comment:

  1. Sooo true! Well, except for the part about fitting into HS jeans... I couldn't do that anymore, long before I was pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete