Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises and a Pioneer Day Party

I'll be honest, "The Dark Knight" freaked me out. I won't let Devin own it. I'm just not sure that I want it in my house, especially once we have kids. So I was a little wary about seeing "The Dark Knight Rises" But I did think it had the potential to be more hopeful than it's predecessor. Plus Devin really wanted to see it. Throw in the chance to see our good friends Emma and Pete, who we haven't seen since St. Patrick's Day, and we went to the theatre. Well we stopped and ate at Portillo's first and then did a little window-shopping -- ladies at Babies R Us and gentlemen at Sports Authority and Best Buy.

I am happy to report that the movie was not as freaky as "The Dark Knight" and that we were safe. Honestly, there was a part of me that was nervous in the back of my mind after what happened to those poor people in Colorado just days before.

After the movie we came back home, picked up our homemade lemon cream pie, bought some whipped cream to top it, and headed to a Church party.

July 24th is Pioneer Day in our Church (and the State of Utah) and we celebrate our pioneer ancestors and their hardwork and sacrifice to build up our country and our religion. Since the 24th was on a Tuesday, our congregation celebrated by having a party the Saturday before. Everyone either brought a pie or a side, and we ate and talked and played pioneer games. Sometimes it's nice to socialize :)

28 Weeks 7.24.12

No comments:

Post a Comment