Monday, August 20, 2012

Quarter of a Century: AKA It's My Birthday!

Hooray for birthdays! I've always loved having a birthday in August, because there are no other holidays; it's like my birthday is the holiday for the month :)

This year we had some scheduling challenges to deal with, but we still managed to find time to celebrate.

I woke up to a phone call/message from a friend in Oregon and later one from Devin's grandma :)

After Devin got back from school, I opened gifts. Devin gave me a Google Nexus 7 (small Android tablet) that he had been alluding to for months. We Skyped with Devin's mom and sister and opened their gifts of some movies, a Wii game, and a new alarm clock. I then enjoyed playing around with my new tablet for an hour or so :)

We went out to eat and got steak -- actually at the same place we went last year. We both enjoyed some mashed potatoes and salads on the side, and shared my complimentary ice cream sundae.

Later that evening we had our childbirth class. Not my favorite place to spend my birthday, but oh well. We finished our evening off by going to Oberweiss for some more ice cream :) I got a chocolate peanut butter sundae that had probably the most peanut butter in one dish that I have ever consumed in one sitting. Devin got brownie sundae that was equally yummy and large.

I enjoyed listening to my parents sing me "Happy Birthday" and they are sending me money to get a Swiffer (I hate sweeping/mopping). Karly also called and wished me a "Happy Birthday" again.

Thanks to everyone who wished me "Happy Birthday" and for all the love and support! Can't believe I'm a quarter of a century old now...

31 Weeks 8.15.12

Same day, in "the shirt"

No comments:

Post a Comment