Monday, August 31, 2009

Babysitting; Sort of.

This last week, Devin and I have been switching off with another couple to help watch the pets of another couple at our church: two rats and three fish. The two rats are girls named Xena (she's white with red eyes) and Jane (gray with black eyes and big ears), and the three Betta fish are boys named Bono (he's blue), John Williams (he's red), and Jack Johnson (he's orange).

Initially, I couldn't convince Devin that the rats are actually very cute and sweet, and not gross and dirty. However, eventually I got him to come with me and play with the rats and he changed his mind. They are very playful and fun, and by the end of it, Devin was saying that we should probably get rats. While this may not end up happening, it was nice to be around animals for a change.

In other news, we have adopted Karly's fish, Fitz. For now, we call him Fish, but may change his name at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Those rat and fish names are fun!
    I had a couple rats while I was in high school. They were a lot of fun. The only thing (which you've probably or will probably find out) is they go to the bathroom a lot! I heard that they don't have bladders so it just comes out all the time-ish. And on you a lot! They stink because of that and their cages have to be cleaned a lot. But like any pet, it takes work.

    ReplyDelete