Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cake 3!

Sadly, this week was my last cake class. I have really enjoyed my class, and I'm glad that I don't suck at cake decorating! I was a little worried that it would be one of those things I just wasn't going to be good at. Fortunately, none of my cakes were complete disasters :) This last week, we learned to make roses, leaves, sweet peas, and bows. I actually really like making roses and I made about a dozen of them for my cake. This week, Devin made me my cake while I was waiting for the car to be repaired (thanks love!). We ended up with a triple chocolate cake with chocolate mint icing and vanilla pudding filling. We haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know how awesome it tastes when we do. Enjoy the pictures!

From the side, note the pretty roses
From the top, unfortunately blurry
From the side at an angle. As a side note, the roses were supposed to be red but they ended up kind of coral. Oh well, still looks good.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I love them. Also, I really like your festive Halloween blog background. I'm glad you enjoyed your cake class! The cakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete