As part of my birthday in August, Devin signed me up for a Cake Decorating class offered through BYU Campus Craft & Floral. Needless to say, I was very excited. Tonight was the first class. I didn't get to do any decorating yet, but I was introduced to all the gadgets and some of the techniques of basic cake decorating. The class, though taught at BYU, is a Wilton class; they are the who's who of cake decorating. Unfortunately, it is a bit pricey. Luckily, BYU sells a lot of the stuff at a decent price and people in the class get a 20% discount. Next week, I will decorate my first cake and I will be sure to post pictures. So hopefully I am not terrible at this; because I think it could be a great skill to have. Wish me luck!
One of the Sisters that I VT here in our ward does wedding cake Decorating for her job.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! That sounds like such a fun class!
ReplyDeleteFUN!
ReplyDelete