Saturday, September 18, 2010

Personal Rant on Illinois Drivers

Okay, so most of you have heard about how bad Utah drivers are. Illinois drivers are MUCH worse. I have driven in Seattle, Phoenix, Utah, Reno; but the drivers here are the worst. Take all of the bad things in other places, put them together, and you've got Illinois drivers. They don't signal. They won't let you merge. They tailgate you like nobody's business. They either go 10 miles over the speed limit or 10 miles under, at differing times on the same road. When the left turn arrow turns red, about 5 cars speed through the intersection so you have to keep waiting. They pull out into the middle of the road when trying to get in the left lane and cut off your lane of traffic. People are always on cell phones or smoking or both. Related to all this madness, people here jaywalk all the time in the worst places during heavy traffic. And there are no bike lanes. I'm amazed I haven't seen more accidents than I have. But, now that I have vented, I am done.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, they are pretty bad. Did I tell you about the time when my family went to Chicago for my aunt's wedding, and in another lane, this semi wasn't moving forward, so the lady in a little car behind it honked. Then, the semi just backed up into the car and then pulled forward and kept going. The crazy thing was the lady didn't do anything but keep going. It freaked my mom out, especially since we were in a rental car, so my mom was saying my dad couldn't honk at anyone.

    ReplyDelete