Friday, October 22, 2010

Enjoying the Suburbs: Part II

Sunday was more of a relaxed day. At Church, Devin was called to be the Young Men Secretary so he will work with the youth of our Church. After church, Keeley made a cake and I took a nap :) Then we visited Devin's school and went in search of celebrity homes. We saw Mr. T's old house and the gate of Michael Jordan's. Devin made gumbo for dinner and we played Cribbage.

Monday was our last real day of "vacation". After breakfast, we drove up to Wisconsin and toured the Jelly Belly factory! Yay free jelly beans! Their beans take like 2 weeks to make and every layer is flavored! No wonder they're so expensive...We bought 5 lbs of belly flops cumulatively (3 for us and 2 for Keeley) and Keeley bought her mom a lb of black licorice jelly beans. Yick! We also sampled all kinds of flavors and other candies that they make before making our purchases and leaving for lunch. Devin and I bought Jelly Belly pop, he got sour cherry and I got tangerine. Keeley bought me a little Jelly Belly sitting on a swing. For lunch we went to Culver's. It's kind like a cross between a Dairy Queen, a KFC, and a Wendy's. Best part, fried cheese curds. We figured we couldn't take Keeley to Wisconsin without her having some cheese. They Keeley and I watched the Lake House while Devin studied and then we all watched some NCIS.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. Tuesday, after I dropped Devin off at school, I took Keeley to the airport. Just for her, we took the tollway. She really wanted to and I would say in this case it was actually worth it! Much faster. Now we are looking forward to visiting her in WA for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment