Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and enjoying lots of candy, bobbing for apples, and dressing up as something fun. Devin has survived his week of 3 tests, with 2 more coming down the pipeline next week. Thank goodness we'll have a week of vacation after that!
After a big windstorm this week, I managed to put our Halloween door hang back up in time for the holiday, as well as change both of our outside lights that were out (one of which broke and left only the base in the socket for me to wrestle with). Go me! While Halloween is not my absolute favorite holiday, it is fun and I enjoy its marking the beginning of the holiday season.
Yesterday, we had our ward (church) Halloween party. It was a hoedown and chili cook-off! Apparently this is the thing to do now for church parties. I never did this growing up, but now just about everyone I know in our Church, all over the country, went to the same kind of party. Whatever. At any rate, I dressed up in traditional Salvadoran folk-dance garb (courtesy of my brother Mark's mission to El Salvador from 1999 to 2001) and Devin was studying in the anatomy lab and masquerading as a foot doctor. I enjoyed lots of great chili and desserts and saw some pretty sweet costumes (a wife dressed like her husband, a very believable Severus Snape, 2 Rubik's cubes, a sunny side up egg, a body puff, etc.). Now comes the sad part.
After the hoedown, there was trunk or treating in the parking lot. That day, I had bought lots of candy and a candy bowl to put it in. I brought the bowl and only some of the candy because I wanted to have lots for today. Well, I ran out of candy during the trunk or treat and found out that apparently we get next to no trick or treaters where we live. So, I didn't have enough candy for the trick or treaters we had and now we have way to much candy for the non-existent trick or treaters. In fact, at this moment we have not had one trick or treater. Oh well. Devin loves candy so I'm sure it will get eaten some how :)
2025 Christmas Newsletter
8 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment