If you've been following the news, you are probably aware of the big storm that hit the Chicago area this week. I am happy to report, that it was as crazy as expected and we loved it (for the most part)!
Tuesday around 3pm it started snowing heavily and the wind was crazy! I had to be out in it a couple of times going to and from work, but luckily my work day was cut short. I'm not really a big fan of driving in the snow, and slip-sliding around. Feeling like you could slip off the road any moment is a little nerve-wracking, especially when there are so many trees everywhere. Times like this, I wish we had a different car! Nevertheless, I made it home and we hunkered down for the worst.
Well it snowed, and it snowed, and it snowed. We kept checking the depth periodically out the front door. Around 1am, I went to check and Kairi hopped outside and took off like a snow leopard! Crazy girl loves the snow! I kept yelling at her to come back, and luckily, about 20 ft out, she turned around and come back (personally I think she got cold).
The next morning we had about 3 ft of snow piled in front of our door and at least 2 ft in the driveway. Anywhere there was a roof, there was a big pile of snow. We spent the day hanging out and bumming around. Devin's school got canceled and so did my job. All in all, it was fun! And we didn't even lose power! (Although, Devin did about pass out this morning when he had to shovel the driveway...)
 |
| This is where Kairi took off during the night |
 |
| This should be the walkway to our driveway |
 |
| About 3 ft |
 |
| Our 2nd Story Window |
 |
| Out the front door |
Wanted to tell you that I got caught up on your posts. Most informative. I also want to tell you, Rebecca, that I love you a bunch! Thanks for being good to my son and for keeping us up to date. About the blizzard - UGH!! Down with winter. I'm glad that you guys enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteThat storm got a lot states. I am glad I didn't plan to hed out that way right now.
ReplyDelete