The other day, I was thinking about how there are random things about people that you would never know unless you were a family member or roommate or something. And so, here are some of those things about us:
Devin loves juice. The only 2 things he loves more are me and pizza. Seriously
I HATE it when people snort their snot. This is probably my biggest pet peeve ever. Related to this, is when people claim they have to do it. I have never had to. Ever.
Devin and I call each other Jib and various other variations of this. Not sure exactly how this got started, but it's stuck.
We are food snobs, but especially pizza snobs.
I once gave up peanut butter for 6 years to cut back on my fat intake, my Oregon friends can attest to this.
Devin has a hard time getting rid of socks and shoes unless they have completely fallen apart. We're talking giants holes or in shreds or something.
I like to eat cherry pie filling by itself. I also like to eat Parmesan cheese by itself or with deli dill pickles.
We both hate things that are fads, but for different reasons. Devin hates them because he doesn't like to be like everyone else and I don't like them because they're impractical and short lived.
Devin hates jeans. He wears cargo pants and when he was younger he wore sweat pants. No jeans.
I play with ears. My ears, Devin's ears, Kairi's ears, my family's ears, etc. And I have for pretty much as long as I can remember (except when I lived in Oregon, oddly enough). Ears are also one of the first things I notice about people, and if someone has weird ears I will keep looking at them.
Devin hardly ever burps. I think I had heard him burp once before we were married. I, on the other hand, burp all the time.
I cannot cross my eyes. If I try, only one of them crosses.
Devin had never used liquid toilet cleaner until we got married.
I hate wearing shoes and would prefer to be barefoot. But if I have to wear shoes, I am very picky about them and I love cute shoes.
Devin wears his shoes in the house, I do not.
My left thumb and right big toe are double jointed.
Devin has a water bottle by his side of the bed. Every night he fills it up and only drinks some of it. The next night, he empties it and refills it again.
Given the choice, I think the both of us would wear our pjs all the time
Well those are some random things about us. Feel free to share random things about yourself and your family!
2025 Christmas Newsletter
8 months ago

I like reading your blog! It always makes me laugh. :)
ReplyDeleteYour pet peeve ... so true! People invented kleenexes so that other people wouldn't have to snort. Ugh. Definitely a disgusting habit.
And I thought it was interesting that Devin never wears jeans! I guess I had never really noticed. Does he not like the feel of them or is this a secret rebellion?
Devin says probably both. Haha!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I love that you shared these. I'll probably copy the idea :)
ReplyDelete