There comes a point, I think, where you just get sick of doing nothing. Yesterday, Devin and I both decided we were sick of being fat, and actually exercised. Now, neither of us are unhealthy in any way; but we both want to be healthier.
I want to be healthy to feel better, have less back pain (I have weak lower back muscles), and prepare my body for whenever we have children. I have heard from many sources that you will gain less weight, lose it more quickly, and have a better pregnancy and delivery if you are a healthy weight and are in good shape before hand. All of these things are definitely appealing to me. I also want to fit better into my clothing and feel more attractive. You know things have got to change when you've reached a weight you swore you would never be unless you were pregnant and when your fat pants are feeling tight.
Devin would like to feel healthier and be more active. He is naturally athletically inclined and would like to do more of that again.
Thus far, Devin is planning on Wii Fitting for at least a half an hour a day. He likes to do the 30 min free run. I have started doing the Bridal Body Burn on our cable on demand. Although it seems funny to be doing this since I'm not a bride (well I'll always be Devin's bride, but that's not the point) and it talks about fitting in your dress and your honeymoon bikini, I did this before I got married and like the results. Yesterday while I was doing it, I felt like I was going to die. At one point I was saying, "Who's out of shape? I'm out of shape." It can only go up from here! We are also planning on reducing portion sizes and increasing vegetable intake. So we shall see!
On the one hand, I am skeptical we won't just go back to doing nothing (it's much easier to do nothing). On the other hand, I am hopeful we will stay committed. Right now our goal is to look good for the Alaskan cruise Keeley is taking us on in May! We'll keep you posted!
2025 Christmas Newsletter
9 months ago




You guys are definitely doing it for the right reasons, so hopefully those reasons help keep you motivated. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI always seem to come up with reasons why I'm not exercising... but honestly they're all lame excuses.
Well, your last post was inspiring to me :) and so is this one. I think I'll make a list on the reasons why I want to/should get into better shape too. (maybe it will help me be less talk, more action)