I get to go to Young Women's Camp (aka Girl's Camp)! For those of you who don't know (which is probably most of you, due to my lack of blogging...), I am a Mia Maid (young women ages 14-15) Advisor (Teacher) at our Church. I LOVE having this opportunity to serve these young women, to help them grow, and to grow myself.
Anyway, each year in the summer, our Church throws a 5-ish Day camp for all the young women ages 12 - 18. I myself went to Girl's Camp, as we call it, and have some great memories of this experience. I LOVE GIRL'S CAMP. When I heard that the Stake (Church leadership for a part of our geographical area) was beginning to plan camp for this year, I made sure to mention that I love camp and would love to go. A week or 2 later, I was asked to be the Camp Coordinator for our Ward (congregation); and I also volunteered to be a Level/Unit Leader. So I'm going to camp!
Camp will be in June at a local Cub Scout Camp. The girls will have a wonderful opportunity to enjoy nature, learn first aid, make friends, and feel the Spirit. I'm super excited and will be very busy making preparations.
Over the next few months, I'll be tracking down camping supplies, handling registration, fundraising, planning certification, and many other things. It will be lots of work, but I am happy to do it. And Devin supports me 100% and will make sure I take good care of our camping equipment :)
2025 Christmas Newsletter
9 months ago

I have still never been to a YW camp. I was too pregnant the time I had a calling that might have allowed me. I also joined the Church when I was 19, past the age of camp. Someday I will go. My prospects look better now that I have a girl. ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou'll be a great camp leader! If you need any help, let me know!
ReplyDelete