Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Californ-i-a

We made it to San Diego!
Not only was it great visiting my sister and her family (yay family!), but it was a nice little vacation. The weather was great, sunny and in the 60's, and we decided we need to live there someday.

We got there on Sunday the 19th.  Robert got us from the airport and before church we stopped by their place to change, drop off our stuff, and meet Daniel. :) We got there with enough time to go to church with Robert & Elise. So fun to be with my sister!

Monday, Presidents' Day, Robert didn't have work so we hung out. We went to the nearby outdoor mall and tried fish tacos for the first time (tasty by the way), and were surprised to see an ice rink in the mall. Elise and I spent some time together buying makeup (her) and being silly (me, dancing around in the makeup shop) while the boys did their own thing.

Tuesday we went to the beach! Yay beach! Got to love being able to visit the ocean and play in the sand when it's February! We dug a big hole with Bjorn and enjoyed a picnic lunch. After food, we investigated some tidal pools and some sea lions. Love sea lions! And we're lame and didn't take the camera... Quick climb back up the stairs and we sat and enjoyed the scenery from a bench. (Funny story, you want to see men run away in about 5 seconds flat? Start changing a baby's diaper. Hilarious!)

Wednesday and Thursday we just hung out...I think. Haha!

Friday, sadly our last day there, we went to the Temple! So beautiful and peaceful. Only downside, we didn't know about the 2nd floor atrium so we missed out on that. We'll just have to go back. Oh darn!

Sweet little nephew Daniel! Love his face!

Of course we made pizza :) Veggie version of our combo.

Bjorn, Doggie, and Robert. Quality time with the iPad :)
San Diego Temple
As soon as we came back it was freezing and snowing with about 8 inches on the ground. I promptly got a nasty cold and felt like death. Devin and I have decided that San Diego would be a good place to live ;)

1 comment:

  1. We are coming to IL for a family event in July and I keep asking Clark for your cell number so we can plan stuff around that to see you too, but he hasn't given me it. I didn't want to wait anymore. I even said if you don't want me talking to Rebecca you need to be.

    ReplyDelete