For most people, I think March means basketball, spring, and St. Patrick's day. For us, it means midterms and papers and projects. Starting after last Sunday, everything has been busy.
Luckily, before our week of madness, we were able to spend some time relaxing and having fun with family. Every other week, we eat Sunday dinner at Devin's Uncle Kenneth's house in Springville. He's a very good cook and won't let you leave until you're so full you think you're going to die; it's like a holiday twice a month. Usually it's just Devin and I; Karly, Devin's sister; Kenneth and his wife Dana; Kena, their oldest daughter; Lonny, their youngest daughter; and Josh her husband eating; but last Sunday we had a big family party. On top of everyone who's normally there, Devin's Aunt Diana was there; her son Mathew; his wife Gail; Mathew's sons Tyler and Nathan; Tyler's girlfriend Kyla, Gail's daughters; Diana's daughter Michelle; her husband Justin; and Diana's other daughter Sarah. Needless to say, it was a little crazy.
We had BBQ burgers and chips and potato salad and fruit salad and cookies and pop. After dinner everyone split off into groups and played various games. Devin, Diana, Kenneth, and Michelle played a Mathews family favorite -- Rook (Diane and Michelle won); Justin and Kyla and Nathan played Pool and Air Hockey; Lonny, Kena, Gail, Sarah, Karly, Lindsay, and I all played Phase 10 dice (I won by the way); and Josh, Mathew, and Dana mysteriously avoided playing games and talked. Good times.
The next night, Devin and I ventured out to Spanish Fork to visit my Aunt Suzanne; my cousin Sarah; my cousin Robert; and his wife Jessica. While poor Devin worked on his homework, Sarah, Robert, Jessica, and I all played Settlers of Katan (Jessica won) and Nert's (I won, hooray). We ate a rather hodgepodgey (is that a word?) meal of biscuits and gravy and fresh green salad. Sadly, Devin and I forgot our tomato keeper so we'll have to retrieve it at a later date.
In the interim between Monday night and today I had 3 papers, a book report, a test, and normal reading for school. Devin had a paper, a poster, and the introduction of another paper due, on top of working and doing research. Yesterday we also had a ward activity to go to.
In happier news, my dad has a potential new job in Reno and Devin and I made two new types of pizza: BBQ Chicken and Taco. Devin was also able to finally go to the pre-health advisement office. Unfortunately, the advisor was out of town and will be gone every weekend this month. So who knows when he'll finally get to meet with someone?
That's all for now, I need to turn my attention to the salmon I'm supposed to be baking!



Ooooh, that taco pizza looks great! I would love the recipe :-). Glad to hear that things are going well for you all and saying busy ;-). Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteYay! I found your blog on your posted websites on Facebook (that's where I had put my link too). Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Ok, I know I've played Nerts, but for the life of me can't remember which one that is. Those pizzas look great. The BBQ chicken and pineapple sounds tasty. How did you guys like them?
ReplyDelete