Sorry for the delay between posts! We had some more traveling to do and then some more internet shaftiness to deal with. As a result, this will be a long post. So, to recap, we had left Reno and were in Bellingham for the rest of break.
On Sunday, we went to church with Devin's mom and grandma and then went over to his grandma's house for lunch. We had the usual: turkey sandwiches, Lays chips, and pickles. That night we watched some Cosby show and called it a night.
Monday we bummed around and I came down with Devin's cold. We played lots of Mario Wii (4 player) and Star Trek that night. Keeley made us homemade chicken noodle soup and it was yummy.
Tuesday, we went to Devin's grandma's for breakfast. We had cream of wheat, prepared in her special way, poached eggs, and toast. Actually, Devin had all of that, I had cream of wheat and toast, and Karly only had cream of wheat. After watching ways to avoid hangovers on the today show, we went and looked at kitties at PetCo. Tuesday was also Devin's birthday! He is now 25! He's an old man. He he he! After we got home, Devin opened his gifts. I got him hardcover first editions of the 1st and 3rd books of the Mistborn series. From his mom he got the Meteroid Prime trilogy and from Karly he got Monsters vs. Aliens. That evening we went out to eat at the Shrimp Shack with Devin's grandma, his Uncle Tally & Aunt Vicky, and cousins John, Austin, Jenny, Jenny's fiance' Geoff, and John's girlfriend Samantha. After a wonderful round of fish & chips, the restaurant brought Devin & Karly a complimentary dessert. It was a frozen mocha pie thing. Sadly, as we don't drink (or eat) coffee, we ended up giving a few bites away and then throwing it out. Luckily, back at home we had cake & ice cream. We made good use of our video camera and took pictures of all the cousins and grandkids.
Wednesday, I think this was the day that Devin and Keeley made our homemade mac & cheese (which is actually one of the first meals we made together as a married couple) while I slept in. Then, we went and saw Sherlock Holmes. It was pretty good! At least, we enjoyed it.
Thursday was New Year's Eve. We took Keeley to look at cats and Devin and I went out to eat for lunch, for Mexican food! Yum! That night we all went our separate ways. Devin and I went to a Guitar Hero party, where everyone was dressed like rock stars. We had a good time hanging out and having fun. We also enjoyed the Burley's dog Rio. On a side note, Keeley was actually the last one home that night!
Friday, we hung around the house. That night, we went out to eat at Billy McHales for an immediate family birthday dinner. That night, Karly hung out with friends, Devin hung out with Russ, and Keeley and I stayed in and watched Angels & Demons.
Saturday, Devin and I went to DQ and then to see Avatar with his friend Russ. We saw it in 2D, as we're poor. It was a weird movie. Devin really liked it, and I'm not so sure. It was really well made though, and they did a good job of making it look real. While we were driving, the car started making weird noises. Keeley and Devin's grandma started feeling unwell, and we made plans for rides for Church the next day. That night we watched The Return of the King, did laundry, and stayed up WAY too late..
Sunday came bright and early, and the Sutton's picked us up for Church. During Sunday School we went and visited Devin's dad's (Terry) grave. After Church, Brother Sutton fixed Keeley's car and there was much rejoicing. That night, we went over and said goodbye to Devin's grandma and then came home and packed.
Next morning, Keeley dropped us off at the shuttle and we left for the airport. A few hours later, we landed in SLC and Devin's Uncle Kenneth and Aunt Dana picked us up. Then it was back to real life!
2025 Christmas Newsletter
9 months ago

Very interesting and informative post. I'm not sure how I feel about the picture of me. It kind of scares me (and probably other observers.)Love ya.
ReplyDelete