This year for Christmas we were with my side of the family. On the 18th we took the night train to Reno, NV. My parents picked us up the next morning and we spent the next week at their home.
On Sunday Devin and I helped my dad out, and sang in the choir. Monday we spent the day cleaning and straightening the house, and helping my mom line her cupboards. Tuesday, we saw "The Princess and the Frog" (FABULOUS movie by the way, EVERYONE should see it), the Garvers arrived on their way to Utah to see their kids and grandkids, and we watched BYU beat OSU in the Las Vegas Bowl. Go Cougars! Wednesday, after the Garvers left, we took it easy and played some Yahtzee and watched the extended "Fellowship of the Ring".
Thursday, my mom and I went and got pedicures while Devin and my dad hung out at the house. That afternoon we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house in California for dinner. Some of my cousins and cousin's kids were there and we watched them reinact the First Christmas story from the Bible. My dad played Christmas Carols on the Piano and Devin and I played with the cats. (I'll add pictures once we get back to Utah where the USB cord is.) On the way home, my dad and I sang basically ever Christmas song we know. That night we watched "The Two Towers" extended and went to bed so Santa could come.
Christmas morning came nice and late. We slept in and then opened gifts in our pj's. My parents gave us lots of tupperware stuff and some games. I gave Devin a pc game controller and he gave me a bing crosby cd, "White Christmas" on DVD, and Yahtzee. We'll have to get some pictures from my parents. My dad made us a wonderful pancake breakfast and we played some Clue and Scrabble. My mom made her wonderful ham for dinner while I took a nap and Devin read. We watched "White Christmas", packed, repacked (our suitcases weighed to much so we had to borrow one from my parents) and went to bed.
On Boxing day, we left at about 5:40 for our 7:15 flight. After Devin having to go back through security to empty his water bottle, we made it to the gate. As usual, our flight left at least 30 minutes later and only landed about 10 minutes late. Keeley and Karly came to pick us up. After grabbing a quick bite at Burger King, we made it to Bellingham and had our second Christmas. We got our Christmas pj's that Santa had left us, and opened presents once Grandma LeOla was there. I got a hat, gloves, "The Princess Bride", a Nativity set, and the 2nd season of the Cosby Show. Devin got the first 2 seasons of NCIS, a cribbage board, and "Star Trek". We both got a figurine and a camcorder! (We bought ourselves a Wii that is back in Utah.)
Next entry I'll update you on Devin's birthday, New Years, and the rest of our trip in Washington.
2025 Christmas Newsletter
9 months ago

I am glad you had a good Chrismas.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your gift.
So fun! You guys got some fun gifts.
ReplyDelete