I have a secret. I wish I was super crafty. In my attempts to enhance my craft skills, I decided to make a blanket for a friend. This is not too far out of my comfort zone because I made 14 fleece blankets for my friends my sophomore year of high school. However this time, I did something I had never done before; I tied together TWO pieces of fleece. I know, I know. Not that difficult. But it's a start and it was something I could do, do well, and not take forever to make. At any rate, I think it turned out well. Although, my thumb is still recovering from the numbness of cutting so many little strips in the fabric and it's been about 3 weeks...

I didn't learn to sew until I was 20. It's not that hard. I learned by making my mom a pieced quilt. Just have a good friend who will take the time to help along the way. After you figure out sewing doing one kind of craft then branching out isn't as scary.
ReplyDeleteoh how cute!! :) i made my first tie together blanket last semester. they are so fun!
ReplyDeleteIt look great. Good job!
ReplyDelete