Sunday, April 4, 2010

Oh the Craftiness

In my attempts to enhance my craftiness, I made another craft project. An apron. Yesterday evening, while the men folk were gone for the Priesthood Session of Conference (it's for men 12+) a friend and I decided to do make aprons. Knowing we had little time (2 hours), and not a lot of money, I suggested we make kitchen towel aprons. I got the idea from an apron someone gave my mom a few years back.

You get a kitchen towel, preferably not terry cloth, and some ribbon. Decide how wide you want the top part of the apron to be, where you will attach the neck strap. Then either fold down those corners or cut them down. Sew them, and measure out ribbon for the neck strap. Sew that on, and then cut 2 more pieces of ribbon for the waist straps. Sew on those, and you're done. All in all, takes about an hour (if you're not having difficulties with an old sewing machine whose owner is not there) and then you're done. Cheap, fast, and easy. If I can do it, you can do it and I think you'll enjoy it. At the request of my mother in law, and for all you, here are pictures. Focus on the apron, not on me.


1 comment:

  1. Rebecca! I am so happy I found you. I have started to work on my craftiness too. Although, I am not doing the sewing yet. I have always been intimidated by it. Your apron looks great!

    ReplyDelete