As another part of remembering those we love, we went to the cemetery where Terry and Grandpa Keith are buried to visit and take flowers. The first time we went was to celebrate Keith's birthday; and then we went again to take some new flowers and visit. While we believe that their spirits are no longer with their bodies, it is nice to be in a place where you feel you are near them and to be able to talk to them and tell them how much you love and miss them. I'm sad that I never got to meet Grandpa Keith and that I was not able to get to know Terry as well as I wanted to, but I love him and I miss him very much and I am sorry that he can't be with me and his family anymore.
Lastly, I was able to convince Devin to watch some of the old videos from when he was little while we were at his grandma's house. I love seeing little Devin and how cute and sweet he was, and to see and hear Terry again, and Grandpa Keith who I never had the opportunity to meet. This is why I am so grateful to Keeley for giving us a video camera for Christmas; now we will be able to record memories for our future family.

No comments:
Post a Comment