Yesterday was Devin's first day of Orientation. As we only have one car, I dropped him off. I couldn't help feeling a tiny bit like a mom dropping off her child as I told him I loved him, wished him luck, and hoped that he had a good day. I was filled with all kinds of emotions. Excitement for him for this new stage of life and new opportunities, anxiety over the work and intensity and the new situation, sadness that I wasn't going too, and fear that I wouldn't find my way home even with the GPS. All went well, I made it home, Devin had a good time, and I was able to get more unpacking done.
It is strange to not be going back to school for the first time in my life. It has only been just recently that I have reopened the possibility of going to graduate school in my mind. Prior to that, I was way too burnt out! We shall see what the future brings, but in the mean time wish me luck with finding a job!
P.S. We got our car licensed and registered (after a bit of an adventure forgetting the check book at home)! We are now Illinois drivers!
2025 Christmas Newsletter
9 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment