Sunday, August 29, 2010

In the news

News of the week:

We are finally unpacked! The last bit was to organize the stuff in the garage left here by the owner. So now we're pretty much moved in.

Devin and I both have colds. Boo!

Still no job for me yet, but I'm applying to any and all I can. My oldest brother even put me in touch with some of his contacts here.

We went to the Chicago LDS Temple yesterday, which was beautiful. But Devin and I ended up not making it into the same session!

We went to Costco, but couldn't buy anything. Long story, but we ate samples anyway.

Our rubbish credit union is holding any checks we deposit during our first 30 days there, for 10 business days. So Devin's student loan money is on hold until Sept. 3rd. Stupid.

And last but not least, I have a calling (assignment) in our new ward (congregation). I am the Relief Society (our women's organization) music coordinator. Huzzah! Devin doesn't have a calling yet, but they keep wanting to know if he plays the organ...(which he doesn't but he does play the piano) So we shall see what happens.

Next week: Devin's first 2 tests in Anatomy and Biochemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment