Monday, April 11, 2011

The Ants Go Marching 1 by 1...

Not hoorah! About a month ago, we started seeing occasional ants in our master bath. Yuck. First they were in the tub, next the countertop, and finally the toilet. Talk about violating! Then about a week and a half ago, they started showing up on the kitchen countertops, inside the cabinets and dishwasher and sink, and swarming Kairi's wet food. AHHHH!!!

Now if this wasn't enough, 2 days ago we discovered an ant highway running through our house. That's right, a 2 way ant path stretching from the closet in our second bedroom, through our front bathroom, across the hall, and into the kitchen. I am SO not okay with this! We are now trying to get rid of them in a manner that will not endanger Kairi's health. So far, we're trying corn meal (something Devin found online) and thinking about buying traps. We think they are coming in through the wall that backs our bathroom and the closet in the 2nd bedroom and that their hill is outside somewhere. All I know is that I want them OUT! This means war.

Below is some of the aftermath of Devin's crushing the highway for a 3rd time. (Please ignore the little bit of my hair that fell into the bottom of the picture while I was taking it.)

1 comment:

  1. So hate that! I saw on a gardening show to mix half Borax and half sugar together, sprinkle it around, and it'll take out the hive. I don't know how this affects pets, though.

    ReplyDelete