Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stretching My Creative Muscles

Starting back in January, my friend Emma and I have been trying to craft together. In January (though I didn't finish until February) we made these cool Easter egg flower things, courtesy of michaels.com.


Despite their taking forever, I still like em!  Then last month, we made some blocks. I opted to make some that can be used for all seasons. Step one was finding fonts that we liked, and then sizing them to fit the blocks. The blocks also had to be sanded (Emma did that) since they were cut from a bigger piece of wood. Emma painted the blocks and then cut out letters from scrapbook paper. I painted the blocks, cut out letters using an xacto knife, but then used the paper the letters were cut out from. Then we just needed some mod podge! Once again, I took longer than Emma did but I eventually finished.





6 comments:

  1. Wow! I think your blocks turned out great! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! Love it! I've found it's the little things like that that really make your house a home (whether it's really yours or not).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I've recently been on a crafting kick, although, it mainly just involves me looking at cool craft blogs and saying "I should/could make that!" and then not doing anything, or just buying supplies and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE! love them!! where did you get your blocks??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you need a Cricut :) Letter cutting is amazing with one of those. I want one... someday

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Cricut would be AWESOME. Someday... And Jean, they were from either Home Depot or Lowe's (Emma bought them) and they cut them for you for free.

    ReplyDelete