Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating Spring and the Resurrection and Atonement of Our Savior Jesus Christ. Devin and I started off the day by getting for and going to church and getting dinner in the oven. I made ham! For the first time! It was my mom's recipe (I think it's the best ever) and I since I couldn't get a hold of her yesterday, my wonderful sister emailed me a copy. Devin made the glaze for me and I prepped the ham for the oven; and then we were off to church!
After a wonderful Easter Sunday at church, we came home to the wonderful smell of ham and got to work. Devin made a salad and I mixed up the drink (cranberry juice and ginger ale) and talked to my oldest brother for awhile; then our friends showed up! Emma and Pete came and brought their dog Happy. Emma made garlic mashed potatoes, rolls, and cheesecake bars and everything was wonderful! And after some initial poofing, Kairi and Happy got along just fine.
After dinner, the guys enjoyed chatting about sports and watching River Monsters on Animal Planet and we took Happy for a walk. We're very grateful to have such great friends and to be able to see them at least once a month.
We finished off the holiday by calling some family members and reading some scriptures. We are thankful to have had a day to celebrate and remember some of the best things in the world -- family, friends, springtime and new life in the world, and the Atonement and Resurrection of the Savior of the World. We hope your day was just a great!
2025 Christmas Newsletter
8 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment