Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2012 General Conference


I love General Conference! It's an opportunity to listen to Prophets, Seers, and Revelators and other church leaders every 6 months; and feel energized and spiritually refilled. I'm also a nerd for the statistics of the growth of our church that are given annually.

This Conference I enjoyed all of the sessions (there are 2 2-hr sessions on both Saturday and Sunday, and an additional 2-hr session on Saturday night for men ages 12+) and felt like there was a message of hope. Devin missed the first Saturday session for a required school workshop; but he enjoyed the rest of them as well. I also watched the General Young Women's Broadcast the week before Conference (first time since 2005) and felt there was a connection between the messages given at both.

Conference is the best because it helps you feel uplifted, encourages you to be better, provides answers to questions you have, and is an opportunity to learn through the Spirit. If you would like to check out what was said, please check out lds.org for all the talks given. You can either listen, watch, or read any of them.

Pres. Thomas S. Monson - Prophet, Seer, and Revelator and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment