Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Nothing too exciting this last week. ;) I only worked a half-day on both Tuesday & Thursday. Wednesday, we went out to lunch at Tucanos as a pre-birthday celebration and it was very yummy and very filling. They also sang to me in Portuguese and I got to dance and wave a tambourine. Too bad we didn't think to take the camera...

Thursday was my birthday! After work, I got to relax and then Devin gave me my presents. He got me some new towels for our bathroom (which I asked for), a hardback 1st edition of a book that I like, and he enrolled me in a cake decorating class in October! Hooray! We went out for dinner to the Macaroni Grill and had wonderful food. They also gave me free cake (sort of, seeing as I ordered sorbet and I never got it) and sang to me in Italian. Then we wandered around Target deciding how to spend our last Target gift card, before going home. We didn't end up buying anything. Devin had made me a brownie ice cream cake (which he kept secret from me by banning me from the kitchen, the fridge, and sitting where I might see him doing anything) and we watched a movie, "The Revenge of the Pink Panther".

Friday and Saturday, we were completely worthless and basically just bummed around. Although yesterday we did go play Frisbee golf and run some errands (like buying Devin a white handkerchief for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication today). We also went and picked up Karly from the airport. Today, after the Temple dedication I took a nap. Then I went visiting teaching and Devin and I made pizza (Chicken Fajita and All-Meat).

My cake
My cake from the top (all Devin's idea)
The chicken fajita pizza (we always forget to take a picture of the all-meat)

5 comments:

  1. Wow . . . I didn't know that Devin could make a cake like that, great job!! Happy (late) Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I think I want an ice cream cake for my bday now.
    I think that's so awesome that you're going to be in a cake decorating class. That would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks delicious! Happy belated birthday! Where are you taking your cake decorating class??? Did you know I was taking one? I have one more course left (which I'm taking in Sept.) and then I will be Wilton certified! I'm making Mary's Wedding luncheon cake; I'm way excited. How's life? How was the temple dedication?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devin made that?! I'm VERY impressed! Maybe he could teach Bryson a few things! A cake decorating class would be soooo fun! Always wanted to learn how to do that! Plus now you'll be able to match if not beat all Dev's mad baking skills! Glad your bday was great (thoughtful gifts, good restaurant, what else could you need?!) Happy Belated Birthday!!

    P.S. Remind Devin my birthday is in November :D

    ReplyDelete