Saturday, August 1, 2009

Road Trip!

Well after Kiwi's wedding, it was time to head back to Devin and real life. Susan and I had been planning on going to church, for at least Sacrament. However, I woke up a little late and instead we just left from the Garvers'. After tracking our few possessions down and packing them up, we hugged Roy and Cindy-Lee and hit the road. The drive down and into California was pretty uneventful. We stopped at a rest stop just north of Medford, OR and ate our sack lunches, and I took the wheel. About 100 miles or so in CA, we had to stop at an agricultural stop. Crazy Californians. They asked us if we had any produce, and after showing them our cherries (from the Garvers' front yard) we were informed that they probably had maggots. They offered to let us pull aside and eat them, but we opted to ditch them and keep driving. Once we stopped for gas in Susanville, Susan drove the rest of the way in Reno.

Due to the hour of our arrival, we first drove to my parents' apartment for dinner. After eating my mom's yummy pasta salad and cooling off in the pool, we changed and drove out to their house! Hooray for my parents having a house after 6 years without one! It's a nice little house, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, vaulted ceiling, island kitchen, big master suite, and nice landscaped yard and sprinklers. The only down side (besides not having a cat yet), carpet in the bathrooms. Gross. After we toured the house, I demoed my CUTCO to my parents and called it a night. Susan took the couch in the office and I slept on my old bed in the guest room.

The next morning, after I showered, my parents bought my CUTCO demo set and ordered some more before we started packing up. We loaded up the luggage we had and a few of the things my parents have been storing into the Neon. Saying goodbye to my parents, we headed back on the road.

The next nine hours or so were very boring. Unfortunately for Susan, I fell asleep at least twice while she was driving. Apart from miles of random of traffic pylons blocking off one lane of the highway, not much of interest happened. We finally made it back to Provo around 7 that night. Boy was I glad to be home and not traveling, not to mention seeing Devin again. :)

Here are some pictures from our adventure:

Molly & The Garvers by Cindy-Lee's Baby Grand
Molly & The Garvers' Hammock
Molly & Mom outside Mom & Dad's new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment