Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hay un Buck Buck!

For those of you who don’t know, I call cats buck bucks. Why this is, I do not know. All I know is that it started with my family’s cat Boots when I was probably about 9 and it continues today. At any rate, I LOVE cats. I love animals, but especially gatos (Spanish for cats). It is my firm belief that everyone should have a cat unless they are allergic, too poor, or will not take care of them. I have been without a kitty since my family moved to Washington, as we could not keep him in our apartment. My friend Alishea and her family were kind enough to adopt Boots and there he remains, almost 15 years old.

My mom loves cats probably more than I do. She is the cat whisperer. They love her and are always very happy to be with her. Since they moved to Reno, she has wanted to have a cat again. As so much time has passed, we all felt it best to let Boots retire in Oregon and find a new cat. One day, while we were shopping at Smith’s, a lady was giving away kittens out of a basket. I ran and got my mom from the car and she came and looked. She picked one out, and Calli Kay Hammer became a part of the family.

She is adorable, soft, cute, frisky, playful, and cuddly, loves people, and purrs loudly. Calli is about 8 weeks old, litter trained, and beautiful. Even though she is a little needy still, I think she will be perfect for my mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment